Tuesday 23 June 2009

Warnie: It's all about looks

'Bopara is a good first class cricketer but he's not an international cricketer. I think he's got all the talent in the world but I don't think he's got the temperament. He can be put off his game too easily and he's too worried about how he looks'.
- Shane Warne, 18 June 2009

'I feel I am the victim of anti-doping hysteria. I have never taken any performance enhancing drugs and I never will. I have never blamed my mum. It was important to clarify where the tablet came from. It had nothing to do with cricket or trying to mask anything. It had to do with appearance.'
- Shane Warne, 23 February 2003

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think most people by now have learned to take Shane Warne's comments with a grain of salt. Then again, only Warne might be able to get away with comments like that.

So are you OK with Bopara as first-choice #3?

The Old Batsman said...

I am. I think he should take Warne's comments as a complement - might blog some more on Shanie boy today...