Thursday 10 September 2009

Brief Encounter

Idling along High Street Kensington today, just out of the tube station and heading slightly against the tide, I glanced up and thought, 'Oh, that bloke looks like Shane Watson'. Then I realised it was Shane Watson, in a cheery yellow T-shirt. Skulking along next to him, looking like his sidekick in a grey T-shirt and baseball hat, was the captain of Australia, RT Ponting. 

Having spent most of the summer watching them play, it seemed strangely normal to see them walking up the street. I almost nodded hello before I remembered I don't actually know them.

A few minutes later came Mike Hussey, who was uttering the sentence, 'just ask Alex to get them for you' to his mate. Who Alex is and what s/he can get will forever remain a mystery...

3 comments:

Brit said...

I trust you had the presence of mind to boo Ponting.

Brian Carpenter said...

Nice one, OB. Set me thinking.

http://differentshadesofgreen.blogspot.com/2009/09/encounters-with-stars.html

The Old Batsman said...

Brian,

hadn't seen your blog before. Am adding it to the roll. I advise everyone to follow the link above for a pearler of a mark ramprakash encounter...!